www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CC-SA 4.0
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 05:19:48 GMT
If it fits (bar the version number):

"Unmodified media under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/> and Creative Commons
Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/>
licenses may be included in Apache products, subject to the licenses
attribution clauses which may require LICENSE/NOTICE/README changes. For
any other type of CC-SA licensed work, please contact the Legal PMC."

Then it's fine. Media is intended to mean not-source-code. i.e. an image,
video or sound file. It should be clearly marked for users that the license
is present in the Apache product, and where. Otherwise, no to using
software/content under that license. If the latter seems too harsh, provide
more details (per Shane's reply, but I realize you may not have been on
list).

I'll update resolved.html to include the 4.0 version.

Hen