www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HSQLDB as an acceptable license?
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2017 05:42:29 GMT
The issue with the advertising-clause in the BSD-4-Clause was the strength
of compliance. "All advertising materials" is a very high bar. In today's
Internet, does that include tweets about the product?

hsql doesn't really have any advertising notions.

For a license with some much lower bar notion of attribution in materials;
look at our own Apache 1.1: http://apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-1.1 It's a
much lower bar, so much less objectionable, but also something we dropped
when moving to Apache 2.0.

Hen