www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Writing spec code for the OSGi Alliance within the ASF
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 12:41:59 GMT
Oh, and a follow-up question that just came to my mind,

#3 Can specification code which is covered by the OSGi License spec [1] be
included in the source repository ?

I think this is actually covered by [2], which would mean the answer is
"no".  Though when I download the code from the OSGi Alliance, there's a
specific license for it ([1]), but the code available from the maven
central repository specifies a plain ASL2 license [3].  Does that mean if I
get the code from maven central, then we can include the code in our source
repository because then the code is not covered by [1] but by the ASL2
license included in [3]  ?

[1]
https://www.osgi.org/developer/downloads/release-6/release-6-download/#Nonmembernotice
[2] https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#no-modification