www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Writing spec code for the OSGi Alliance within the ASF
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 14:31:43 GMT

> Guillaume Nodet wrote
> > Ok, there are two more specific questions:
> >
> > #1 Can a committer write *new* code at the ASF with a header file
> > mentioning the code is copyrighted to the OSGi Alliance  ?
>
> Just to set the facts straight here: no one is writing code at the ASF
> with a header file containing the copyright of the OSGi Alliance.
> So I think this question is not relevant and the title of this thread is
> really misleading.

Well, that's precisely what I'd like to make sure.
For example, see this latest commit:

https://github.com/apache/felix/commit/2d6f7011a7060f4397bb551d18d9f616ca532f38
It modifies the org.osgi.util.converter package, where the files have
a "Copyright (c) OSGi Alliance (2016). All Rights Reserved." in their
headers.
If the code is not developped within the ASF, there must be a different
source somehwere else.  Where does this change come from ?