www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Writing spec code for the OSGi Alliance within the ASF
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 14:02:57 GMT
Guillaume Nodet wrote
> Ok, there are two more specific questions:
>
> #1 Can a committer write *new* code at the ASF with a header file
> mentioning the code is copyrighted to the OSGi Alliance  ?

Just to set the facts straight here: no one is writing code at the ASF
with a header file containing the copyright of the OSGi Alliance.
So I think this question is not relevant and the title of this thread is
really misleading.

We are including source code developed at the OSGi Alliance, licensed
under the ASL - that's something completely different.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland