www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: IP clearance template says MPL is OK?
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2017 21:39:17 GMT
+1. Thx

> On Jan 12, 2017, at 12:12 AM, Henri Yandell <bayard@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Wow - thanks Luis :)
>
> That does seem very dated. An older version, btw, said 'all source code' rather than
'all items'.

> Given it's saying 'depending upon', MPL wouldn't be off the list as the Category B grouping
would apply too. It's also an odd item as the previous item of "Check and make sure that for
all items included with the distribution that is not under the Apache license, we have the
right to combine with Apache-licensed code and redistribute." covers a large amount of the
same concept.

with the license guidance given here: http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html"

> I'll follow up with the Incubator list.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Hen
>
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 10:48 AM, Luis Villa <luis@lu.is> wrote:
> Hi, all-
> I just noticed that
> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html
>
> says:
>
> "Check and make sure that all items depended upon by the project is covered by one or
more of the following approved licenses: Apache, BSD, Artistic, MIT/X, MIT/W3C, MPL 1.1, or
something with essentially the same terms."

> (emphasis mine)
>
> While I'm flattered that this form says MPL is acceptable, it seems... incorrect? Might
be worth updating to remove MPL and point at Category A?