So maybe.. but hear me out for a minute.

I'm assuming by Legal FAQ you're referring to the previously asked questions page https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved

In that page, LGPL is bundled into the same Cat-X as Amazon Software License.  We recently established that it was OK to use Amazon Software License.

Second, in the case i have, the LPGL dependency is not included in the product.  If you were to use maven, ivy, etc to download the convenience binary dependency it would include its transitive dependencies as separate downloads.  Its not packaged as part of the binary product.

In addition, when I think of product in the realm of Apache, I'm thinking of the source code release.  I'm not sure if there's another definition we use.  There would be no LGPL source code in the product.