www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LEGAL-280 - Cat-X and Optional Modules
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2016 13:28:59 GMT
So maybe.. but hear me out for a minute.

I'm assuming by Legal FAQ you're referring to the previously asked
questions page https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved

In that page, LGPL is bundled into the same Cat-X as Amazon Software
License.  We recently established that it was OK to use Amazon Software
License.

Second, in the case i have, the LPGL dependency is not included in the
product.  If you were to use maven, ivy, etc to download the convenience
binary dependency it would include its transitive dependencies as separate
downloads.  Its not packaged as part of the binary product.

In addition, when I think of product in the realm of Apache, I'm thinking
of the source code release.  I'm not sure if there's another definition we
use.  There would be no LGPL source code in the product.