www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Change to release-downloads requirements
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 02:55:01 GMT
All,

A recent discussion on comdev occurred around the linking of releases from
download pages.  This was being a bit of an issue in the incubator -
podlings would link to sites such as github for download links.  This had
the additional issue of showing unapproved releases.

To review the changes, please see this thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ce676359cc79552962c3eaba1ceb00e9a8efd7d653ec80e807bd3a9e@%3Cdev.community.apache.org%3E
-
basically it clarified that you can only link to approved releases, and
that the pre-release bullet was for alpha/beta/preview releases.

I can revert back if needed.  I forgot I owed an email to this list on the
subject as well.

John