www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What does "Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF)" mean?
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2016 12:09:25 GMT
For an arbitrary github repo, it could be a simple slip-up: they should
be using the other header (from the end of the license page) which does
not mention the foundation.

(I found it confusing when starting that the license mentions this text
... then the header text for ASF projects is different.)

     Andy