www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Chris Burroughs <chris.burrou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSON license again
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2016 14:44:12 GMT
On 11/05/2016 03:11 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:
> Is the Android version available from Maven?

https://github.com/addthis/maljson

For a previous project I extracted the Android cleanroom implementation
into a stand alone package.  Some minor modifications to be compatible
with an ancient internal fork of org.json were needed (see README), but
it is otherwise extremely close to org.json's behavior.

Having lost far to many hours to the org.json license, I hope this can
save someone else some time.  If you need exactly the Android cleanroom
without modification, I do not recall the extraction being difficult.