www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject GitHib releases
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2016 20:06:38 GMT
Hi,

In reviews of a couple of incubator releases I've noticed that GitHub has created releases
and made them publicly available before the dev or incubator vote was finished.

The most recent example can be found here [1]. Note that the apache-joshua-6.1 release has
been available for 7 days to download as a zip/tar.gz but the vote hasn’t finished yet.

This seems to me to be against release policy as it’s making release candidates publicly
available before the vote on them has finished [2][3].

Anyone else see this as a concern or does this not matter at all?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-joshua/releases
2. https://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution.html#unreleased