www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject JSON implementation at Apache [Was: JSON license again]
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2016 20:11:45 GMT
Any concerns if say, Apache Commons, took the Android json code and wrapped
it up as an atomic library? It would be a case where I would expect us to
rely on the Android Apache 2.0 license rather than getting ICLAs.

There's been conversation off and on about having somewhere for 'spec' jars
that have unfavourable licensing. The spec jars Geronimo hosts, perhaps
that findbugs-annotations library (or a copy), this JSON one. The negative
is that there tends to be little community, though perhaps the community is
about clean-rooming rather than developing new code.

Interested in folks' thoughts.

Hen