www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A grace period for getting rid of JSON license jars
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 23:16:34 GMT
On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com
> wrote:

> really

> >> Yes, but every project that uses the new jar will need to consider
> >> patching.
>
> Be that as it may. We say "Don't use json.org." And we (maybe, rather,
> Ted) suggest an alternative, which may have some problems attached to
> it. But, that is (IMO) way better than just the "Don't" part.

And further, if sebb wants to add another approach with different caveats,
that's great. Better than what we have.

That said, I have already had private email saying that providing SOME
alternative has made at least one person decide to back off from flaming
the board over this. So carrot and stick seems to be helping.