www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Luis Villa <l...@lu.is>
Subject Re: OpenSSL exception documentation? [was: JSON License and Apache Projects]
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2016 18:55:02 GMT
On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 10:38 AM Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> Apache License is explicitly sublicenseable;
> openssl is explicitly NOT sublicenseable.

I'm not sure it is well-drafted enough to make that distinction
(sublicenseable/not sublicenseable), but it certainly seems reasonable to
err in that direction when setting a category for it.

William implicitly raises a good point: are there other ugly/historical
licenses that are widely used in Apache projects? If so, might be worth
categorizing them, and if necessary, handling any notice and cleanup tasks
all at one go.

Luis