www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: JSON License and Apache Projects
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 14:59:10 GMT
On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@apache.org> wrote:

> As compelling as that is, the fact is that the JSON license
> itself is not OSI approved and is therefore not, by definition,
> an "Open Source license" and, as such, cannot be considered as
> one which is acceptable as related to categories.

Just a small note, the WTFPL is not OSI approved.  While I agree with
the recategorization of the JSON license; and the fact that we should
take into consideration the evaluation of what OSI and others make of
licenses; I don't think we should gate any of our decisions on an
external entity.

- Sam Ruby