www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: JSON License and Apache Projects
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2016 05:05:34 GMT
[Note private/public x-post]

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@apache.org> wrote:

> Therefore, w/ my VP Legal hat on, I am making the following
> statements:
>
>   o If you have been using it, and have done so in a *release*,
>     AND there has been NO pushback from your community/eco-system,
>     you have a temporary exclusion from the Cat-X classification thru
>     April 30, 2017. At that point in time, ANY and ALL usage
>     of these JSON licensed artifacts are DISALLOWED. You must
>     either find a suitably licensed replacement, or do without.
>     There will be NO exceptions.

So as we are to understand it, OpenSSL+RSA license with all of its
wrinkles and warts, is similarly disallowed on an expedited timeframe,
including removal of mod_ssl from httpd?

Just want to ensure that I'm understanding how 'legal-hat' is applying
policy equitably and fairly throughout the foundation's activities. I'm
certain httpd project and others will also comply.

Cheers,

Bill