www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSON License and Apache Projects
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2016 00:18:52 GMT
(cc board@ so PMC chairs are included)

Thanks Jim for providing decisive, actionable guidance on the issue. Affected PMCs now have
unambiguous paths forward for addressing the issue.

If Jim has no objections, I'd encourage PMC Chairs to forward this to their respective dev@
lists, whether affected or not. It's a good reminder of both the importance and difficulties
of OSS licensing. It would also serve as a reminder of why the legal*@ lists exist and encourage
more individuals to follow those discussions.

-Taylor