www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Update copyright notice of docs distributed with the project
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2016 21:02:44 GMT
Thanks Roy,

I noticed the US code says "year of first publication".  So if I first
ship Apache Foo 0.5 in 2012, I would use 2012 in the copyright notice in
NOTICE, but if I ship Apache Foo 0.6 in 2013, is Apache Foo 0.6 a "first
publication" or a "derivative work incorporating previously published
material" so isn't a big deal if the copyright year still says 2012?

Thanks,
-Alex