www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NOTICE statements with original donations
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2016 19:34:05 GMT
We are talking about the NOTICE file here, which has a specific
purpose related to licensing.

There are other ways to recognise contributions.

On 15 October 2016 at 17:49, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de.invalid> wrote:
> Well in my book this is not only about a purely legal necessity but also about giving
back well deserved props to community members who did us a great service by donating the code.
I really appreciated their donations also years later, so personally I see no reason to remove
them.