www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: License for the CLA text.
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2016 23:18:35 GMT
Looking at our FAQ, and thinking of the widespread industry use of the
text, the license is as described in the FAQ.

"Yes, you are allowed to use and modify them. You just can't hold the ASF
legally responsible if these documents are not exactly what you intend them
to be. We recommend that you obtain your own legal advice so you know
exactly what you are getting yourself into.

Also, if you adopt these agreements for your purposes, you have to make
sure that the phrase 'Apache Software Foundation' or any confusingly
similar references or parts that specifically refer to the Apache
organisation do not appear in your version of the agreements (except to
note that your version is derived and differs from the original provided by
the ASF). "
--

While we don't require that you attribute us when modifying the CLA, I do
encourage you to state that the CLA is based on the Apache one as that

Hen