Thanks for the enlightenment of the change-over from ASL to AL, Greg...

For the rest, the answer doesn't do the question justice.

Let me explain this with following hypothetical example:

Apache HTTPServer (not to be confused with Apache HTTPD ;-)) is available for forking through Github (you can find it here: http://github/apache/apacheserver with a readme file (with a AL2 header included). This hypothetical readme contains one single line stating: 'The Apache HTTPServer(r) is the product of the same named open source community under the umbrella of the Apache Software Foundation and delivers a fast and flexible web server solution'.

Together with a hypothetical logo and the name (a registered trademark) this readme strenghtens the brand of the product, the project and the foundation.

Now, the repo is forked to a same named repo but in an other account (lets say http://github/foo/apacheserver) and the content (except the license header) is transformed into:

This product delivers a solution to produce web pages, is based on the concepts in nginEx and is the result of the works of Wiley E. Coyote and Sylvester T. Cat of Acme Corp.

Though in line with the AL2 (ability to modify the artefact), the displayed result delivers a negative effect with respect to brand recognition/reinformcement. Hence my question: is in such a case the AL2 license the right one for that particular artefact?

Best regards,

Pierre Smits
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace