OK. But the original question says "It does not itself contain any source or binary code from the Amazon Kinesis client. However, this optional Spark Kinesis module requires the Kinesis client of course. And, the Kinesis client is licensed under the Amazon Software License, which is Category X.” which clearly is very different than saying it requires a jar that is licensed under category x.

Ralph