www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Is Spark Kinesis (non-assembly) module distributable via Maven?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 15:08:59 GMT

that sentence and still sleep at night you are good to go.

Of course, I could be wrong.
-Alex

From: Sean Owen <srowen@apache.org<mailto:srowen@apache.org>>
Date: Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 1:45 AM
To: "legal-discuss@apache.org<mailto:legal-discuss@apache.org>" <legal-discuss@apache.org<mailto:legal-discuss@apache.org>>
Cc: "private@spark.apache.org<mailto:private@spark.apache.org>" <private@spark.apache.org<mailto:private@spark.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Is Spark Kinesis (non-assembly) module distributable via Maven?

If "product" is "Apache Spark", then the answer is 'yes, most users won't want the optional
component'. Then the Spark-Kinesis integration module is construed as a convenience, a set
of 'instructions' for obtaining and using the optional component with the product Apache Spark.

If "product" is "Apache Spark's Kinesis integration module", then "no, all users would have
to use the optional component with it". I'm not sure if this is the intent or not.

I think our default interpretation is the former, but wanted to raise the question as it's
non-obvious to me.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 9:48 PM Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com<mailto:aharui@adobe.com>>