www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding non-ASF licensing headers to an Incubating project code base
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2016 01:37:01 GMT
Its a bit more complicated.  As I understand it from Roman, Apache MADLib
is comprised of a subset of the original authors.  Many of the authors were
unavailable to approve the donation to the ASF, as a result, the source
code from those contributors can't be relicensed.

However, this shouldn't stop the source code created by all current
contributors from being relicensed.  One of the struggles this podling is
facing is that they're unsure how to license files that are modified while
developed at Apache.