www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Headers
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 01:08:04 GMT
Always a difficult type of email for us to get.

We're not your lawyer (or even lawyers for most of us), and we're not the
copyright/project owner (that being Google). Both of those entities would
be better placed to give you an answer.

That said, given your question being sufficiently 'bad' - do not exchange
the name of the licensor for your name. Typically I would expect that you
would not remove a Copyright statement unless you have permission of the
author (or are the author), and equally you would not remove a license
header. You might, if you've made a modification, add your own copyright
statement to the header (if under the same license), or an additional
license header (if your modifications are under a different license).

Hope that helps a little,

Hen