www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is Spark Kinesis (non-assembly) module distributable via Maven?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 08:45:26 GMT
If "product" is "Apache Spark", then the answer is 'yes, most users won't
want the optional component'. Then the Spark-Kinesis integration module is
construed as a convenience, a set of 'instructions' for obtaining and using
the optional component with the product Apache Spark.

If "product" is "Apache Spark's Kinesis integration module", then "no, all
users would have to use the optional component with it". I'm not sure if
this is the intent or not.

I think our default interpretation is the former, but wanted to raise the
question as it's non-obvious to me.