www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is Spark Kinesis (non-assembly) module distributable via Maven?
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2016 07:59:42 GMT
Here I'm just referring to the normal mechanism that all Maven-distributed
software uses. It's not a problem or something to be worked around; the
software really does depend on kinesis-client and this is told to Maven,
which obtains it automatically to build spark-kinesis.

FWIW Roy just yesterday suggested this is OK, in that it doesn't actually
trigger clauses of the Amazon license:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-17418?focusedCommentId=15507894&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15507894

That's a different argument that the non-assembly artifact here is OK.