www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is Spark Kinesis (non-assembly) module distributable via Maven?
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2016 11:07:29 GMT
Thanks for the replies everyone. The message I'm getting so far is that
there's an argument that the current situation is OK, and that Spark may
distribute the Spark-Kinesis binary code in Maven. I'll wait a bit for more
comments.

On a related but separate note, we are removing publishing of a
Spark-Kinesis *assembly* module which did include some Kinesis client code.
That's clearly not allowed.

Sean