www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is Spark Kinesis (non-assembly) module distributable via Maven?
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2016 08:37:38 GMT
I believe that *is* the situation I'm describing. Spark has an optional
module Spark-Kinesis, which doesn't contain but relies on the Kinesis
client. "Rely" here means and compile and runtime dependency on the Kinesis
client JARs, and those are category X.

If your distinction was just that it somehow 'runs on' Kinesis without
depending on Category X software, then no, the situation is that this
optional module relies directly on Category X client software in JARs.