www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Edward Ribeiro <edward.ribe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update copyright notice of docs distributed with the project
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 22:52:11 GMT
Cool. Do you know if it is *required* to use 'Copyright 2008-Present' in
the docs or can we just let it as 'Copyright 2008'?

There has been a lot of inconclusive -- i.e., without legal background --
discussions among the project members, because it makes maintenance easier
if we don't have to keep updating the year (there are more than a handful
of docs in the project). So, some contributors just suggested make it 2008
and not worry about changing it. I am leaning towards following the
'Copyright 2008-Present', but don't know if this is really required for
docs.

Thanks,