www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Is Spark Kinesis (non-assembly) module distributable via Maven?
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2016 03:58:22 GMT
OK. But the original question says "It does not itself contain any source or binary code from
the Amazon Kinesis client. However, this optional Spark Kinesis module requires the Kinesis
client of course. And, the Kinesis client is licensed under the Amazon Software License, which
is Category X.” which clearly is very different than saying it requires a jar that is licensed
under category x.

Ralph

> On Sep 16, 2016, at 6:27 AM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Thursday, September 15, 2016, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:
> Exactly my point. it sounds like this optional feature has a platform dependency on Kinesis.
There is nothing wrong with that.

> Ralph
>

> Just clarifying, the optional feature requires a jar that is licensed with a category
x license and has a pltform dependency on Kinesis. I don't think that "there is nothing wrong
with that" apllies so easy here.