www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: [License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] Re: US Army Research Laboratory Open Source License proposal
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 18:25:40 GMT
On Aug 3, 2016 08:51, "Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US)" <
cem.f.karan.civ@mail.mil> wrote:

made
> a suggestion that might be the solution.  Would the Apache foundation be
> willing to work on Apache 2.1, or maybe 3.0, incorporating changes as
needed
> to cover works that don't have copyright attached to them?  If that were
> possible, we wouldn't need the ARL OSL at all.
>
> Thanks,
> Cem Karan

Unsure how this news might apply but it sounds like changes in overall
policy might gain some traction to address this... If OMB came up with the
rational of either approving AL 2.0 as is, or made a compelling case for AL
2.1 clarifications.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/08/the-white-house-just-released-the-federal-source-code-policy-to-help-government-agencies-go-open-source/