www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Bronze Sponsors -links to other than sponsor homepage
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 12:58:27 GMT
I am assuming that the issue is related to money laundering, whereas
money from one entity is used to benefit a sep entity.

> On Aug 29, 2016, at 8:28 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hadrian@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Sorry for the cross post. The claim below applies to 3 bronze sponsors. I while ago I
read carefully a few documents like the one linked [1] below (skimmed through again) and I
don't remember finding anything to legally support the claim made by Miikka.

> Could I please get help with an authoritative legal answer?
>
> Thanks,
> Hadrian
>
> [1] https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eotopici00.pdf

this is against IRS requirements for funds being processed by US non-profit. Because links
other than homepege are considered advertisements, could you explain that?