www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Publishing external jar files in a remote repository
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 18:58:02 GMT
On 07/07/2016 19:54, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> hey Mark,
>
> here Sharan is talking about some old external jars (from non Apache
> projects) on which some components of our project (namely OFBiz) depend
> and that are no more publicly available: are we allowed to publish them
> in some public repository so that at build time our script can download
> them?

Ah. Sorry. Now I get it. I'll try again with a new answer.

Tomcat does something along these lines for the Eclipse compiler. We
(actually one of our contributors) uploads it to Maven central. Anyone
can do this for any JAR so I'd recommend this route.

This should give you the pointers you need to get started:
https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MVNCENTRAL-589
http://central.sonatype.org/pages/manual-staging-bundle-creation-and-deployment.html

If you get stuck, reach out to the Sonatype folks.

Mark