www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US)" <cem.f.karan....@mail.mil>
Subject RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: US Army Research Laboratory Open Source License (ARL OSL)
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 18:00:24 GMT

That is true.  My goal is to make sure that our license is as close to
interchangeable with Apache 2.0 as possible, and I really do want our license
to be a category A license.  We WANT our code to be used by others, and we
WANT others to be able to contribute to our projects.  We just can't do it
without some kind of protection against liability (I still owe Roy a reply to
his earlier email, which should address some of this).

Thanks,
Cem Karan