On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 1:08 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <ptgoetz@gmail.com> wrote:

We can certainly keep it separate, and exclude it from the main build and release artifacts. Actually users almost have to separately download (via Maven) such modules in order to use them (and we could enforce that for this module by not including it in convenience binaries).

In terms of a source-only release, would we need to make sure the module is not included in the main build unless explicitly enabled by the user building the code? Can we even include the module source code in an Apache release?

Would we be able to publish the module jar file to repository.apache.org?

My own tendency would be for somebody to publish it separately to maven, but not to Apache repos.