www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Dependency on OpenSSL
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 14:52:09 GMT

On 6/3/16, 7:08 AM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>>> FWIW, OpenSSL is a dependency of a number of Apache projects and
>>> has long been vetted as acceptable by the board, and all of the Legal
>>>VP's
>>> throughout our evolution.
>> Including today’s
>
>The point being missed I think is if it bundled or not. Are making an
>exception for OpenSSL or all Apache 1.0/BSD 4 clause licenses?

Apologies if this makes Greg's head explode again, but also:

1) What are the License and Notice requirements for this exception?
2) Does the advertising clause apply to the project web pages and its
consumers?
3) Can treatment of Apache 1.0 go in the FAQ at
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html?

I imagine to the folks who have been around a long time that concerns over
AL1.0 seem unnecessary, but all the newer folks have to go on is what we
can find on the various web pages.

Thanks,
-Alex