www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Andrew Petro <apetro.li...@gmail.com>
Subject on clear intent sufficient to accept contributions
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2016 15:24:31 GMT
Hi,

I participate in another software community that's trying to "do what
Apache does" wrt Contributor License Agreements vis a vis code
contributions.

Someone tried to tell me that we can't accept GitHub Pull Requests where
the requestors had not (physically) signed Individual Contributor License
Agreements.

As I understand, this is a well-worn, asked-and-answered matter, and that
the answer is that only Committers are required to sign Contributor License
Agreements, that contributions can be accepted so long as the intent to
contribute under the Apache license terms is clear.

And now this well-worn matter is answered one more time:

http://apetro.ghost.io/apache-contributors-no-cla/

I write sharing that link in the hope that:

1. That post may be of some use to someone in explaining this matter in the
future, and
2. Kind experts will disabuse me of any misunderstandings I may have.

Kind regards,

Andrew