www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: on clear intent sufficient to accept contributions
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2016 15:32:41 GMT

As a practical matter, I think that you should use some judgement about how significant the
pull request is.  If it is large enough or clever enough to be hard to replicate you should
probably ask for a more formal record of agreement to the license.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 29, 2016, at 8:24, Andrew Petro <apetro.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As I understand, this is a well-worn, asked-and-answered matter, and that the answer
is that only Committers are required to sign Contributor License Agreements, that contributions
can be accepted so long as the intent to contribute under the Apache license terms is clear.