www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Amazon Software License compatibility
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2016 02:08:51 GMT
It's an optional module from an "entire product" perspective. But for the module itself to
work, it requires the category X dependency.

It's that second part that makes it fuzzy to me. It an optional module, but to work requires
that module requires (non-optional) an cat X dependency.

I'm leaning toward we can't have this in our source tree. But am having trouble with what
the boundaries of "optional" are in this context.

-Taylor

> On Jun 20, 2016, at 9:11 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> HI,
>
>> Just to be clear, that means no Apache source code can have a dependency on Category
X - licensed software?

> It can if it’s an optional feature [1], used during the build process [2] or is a well
know build tool [3].  But not if it's required feature/dependancy.