www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Martin Desruisseaux <martin.desruisse...@geomatys.com>
Subject Confirmation that this action for LEGAL-183 meets the resolution?
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 21:41:12 GMT
We now have a first Release Candidate for Apache SIS which aims to
implement the LEGAL-183 resolution ("Is Apache software allowed to
distribute the EPSG database?") [1]. Before to submit that release
candidate to a vote, I would like to verify if it is an acceptable
implementation of LEGAL-183 resolution. In summary:

  * The EPSG database would not be included in any file distributed on
    http://dist.apache.org/ [2].
  * The EPSG database would be distributed on Maven Central as
    org.apache.sis.non-free:​sis-epsg:​0.7 artifact [3].
  * The META-INF/LICENSE file in the Maven artifact is a copy of EPSG
    terms of use instead of Apache 2 license.
  * Users who want the EPSG dataset need to either:
      o declare themself a dependency to the
        org.apache.sis.non-free:​sis-epsg:​0.7 artifact.
      o or let the command-line tools install the dataset itself, in
        which case it will prompt the user for agreement.

More details are provided in the following instructions for Apache SIS
users:

    http://sis.staging.apache.org/epsg.html

Would it be okay?

    Thanks,