www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Collecting Telemetry data for Apache Cordova project
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 04:19:15 GMT
This is not an official answer, but back in 2013, Apache Flex wanted to track a little bit
of information about our user's use of our Installer.  We ended up with a footer (that isn't
hidden by scrollbars) in our UI with the words:
"Anonymous usage statistics will be collected in accordance with our privacy policy."  And
when you click on the words, it takes you to this privacy policy page [1].

Maybe you can use something like this.

HTH,
-Alex

[1] http://flex.apache.org/about-privacy.html

From: Omar Mefire <omefire@gmail.com<mailto:omefire@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, May 9, 2016 at 10:46 AM
To: "private@cordova.apache.org<mailto:private@cordova.apache.org>" <private@cordova.apache.org<mailto:private@cordova.apache.org>>,
"legal-discuss@apache.org<mailto:legal-discuss@apache.org>" <legal-discuss@apache.org<mailto:legal-discuss@apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Collecting Telemetry data for Apache Cordova project

ping ...
Any updates regarding this ?

The development of this feature is almost complete and the missing part is the privacy notice.

See the PR here for implementation details: https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli/pull/247

Omar Mefire,

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Omar Mefire <omefire@gmail.com<mailto:omefire@gmail.com>>
wrote:
I have recently started working on the telemetry inclusion into Cordova and would like to
request help from Apache Legal with drafting the privacy notice.

Here is the detailed telemetry proposal:
- https://github.com/cordova/cordova-discuss/pull/43
- https://github.com/cordova/cordova-discuss/pull/43/files

Omar Mefire,

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 8:33 AM, Parashuram <n.parashuram@gmail.com<mailto:n.parashuram@gmail.com>>