www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ECCN page: http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/ - broken links
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 11:06:12 GMT
On 4 May 2016 at 13:42, Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@apache.org> wrote:
> Several of the incubator podlings are now also graduated, e.g.
> Airavata, NiFi. CloudStack.

I didn't want to move/update the graduated podling infos in the XML,
as their new PMCs would have to send a new registration email again
the updated controlled sources.

(e.g http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/abdera/ ->
http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/abdera/ and
http://archive.apache.org/dist/abdera/

I can fix the obvious 404 ones like people.apache.org ->
archive.apache.org - but still that would require a new email.

I guess in theory Legal VP can do it on behalf of the PMCs - but it
might be good anyway to remind those PMCs in case the other details
have changed. Shall I do that?

> On 28 April 2016 at 16:01, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> These are mostly for incubating releases.
>> I suspect that most of the others are for releases that have since
>> been superseded.
>>
>> Does anything need to be done to fix these links?
>> For example, do we need to maintain links for non-current software?

Yes, at least if they remain available at older locations.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718