www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ECCN page: http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/ - broken links
Date Mon, 09 May 2016 12:27:31 GMT
Good point!

I don't think the owning PMC matter as that is an internal ASF thing -
the powers to be see us all as ASF.

Contact person might matter.. not sure.

I think only the PRODUCTS are registered - and so the product "Apache
Jakarta JMeter" is now "Apache JMeter".  I would move the "Jakarte
JMeter" product/versions to be listed as a product under a new Jakarta
<project> and list "Apache JMeter" as a new product - which would have
different controlled sources.

Also the source URL

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/jmeter

should now be

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/

in addition the distributions under

https://archive.apache.org/dist/jmeter/
https://archive.apache.org/dist/jakarta/jmeter/

and so a change of controlled sources would also need to be notified.

On 9 May 2016 at 12:56, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> A related issue is what to do about renamed projects.
>
> For example, JMeter was under Jakarta but is now a TLP.
>
> Does that need a separate entry, or can the original one be renamed?
>

> On 6 May 2016 at 12:06, Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 4 May 2016 at 13:42, Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Several of the incubator podlings are now also graduated, e.g.
>>> Airavata, NiFi. CloudStack.
>>
>> I didn't want to move/update the graduated podling infos in the XML,
>> as their new PMCs would have to send a new registration email again
>> the updated controlled sources.
>>
>> (e.g http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/abdera/ ->
>> http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/abdera/ and
>> http://archive.apache.org/dist/abdera/
>>
>> I can fix the obvious 404 ones like people.apache.org ->
>> archive.apache.org - but still that would require a new email.
>>
>> I guess in theory Legal VP can do it on behalf of the PMCs - but it
>> might be good anyway to remind those PMCs in case the other details
>> have changed. Shall I do that?

>> Yes, at least if they remain available at older locations.
>>
>> --
>> Stian Soiland-Reyes
>> Apache Taverna (incubating), Apache Commons RDF (incubating)
>> http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718