www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Sample NOTICE file contents
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 16:13:20 GMT
IANAL, but what you're proposing seems reasonable to me. +1 and JFDI ;-)

Thanks,
Roman.

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 11:29 PM, Justin Mclean
<justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I notice the sample notice file here [1] (and linked to from several locations) but it
no longer matches the HTTP project’s NOTICE file [2]. Any objections if I updated this to
the current version?

> Also while we have a stock / boilerplate LICENSE file [3] we don’t have a stock / boilerplate
NOTICE file anywhere I can find. (Closest is [5]) Any objections if I placed one here [4]
with the following text?

> Apache [PRODUCT_NAME]
> Copyright [XXXX-XXXX] The Apache Software Foundation
>
> This product includes software developed at
> The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
>
> Having the text somewhere that can be got at via URL may be useful for checking or generating
NOTICE files. And there's been least one change to the wording in the past in the above text
i.e. “developed by” to “developed at".