www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Sample NOTICE file contents
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 06:29:38 GMT
Hi,

I notice the sample notice file here [1] (and linked to from several locations) but it no
longer matches the HTTP project’s NOTICE file [2]. Any objections if I updated this to the
current version?

Also while we have a stock / boilerplate LICENSE file [3] we don’t have a stock / boilerplate
NOTICE file anywhere I can find. (Closest is [5]) Any objections if I placed one here [4]
with the following text?

Apache [PRODUCT_NAME]
Copyright [XXXX-XXXX] The Apache Software Foundation

Having the text somewhere that can be got at via URL may be useful for checking or generating
NOTICE files. And there's been least one change to the wording in the past in the above text
i.e. “developed by” to “developed at".

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/licenses/example-NOTICE.txt