www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bundling and LICENSE
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2016 13:48:41 GMT
I’ve been traveling, so I’m pretty tired and so on, so finding specific examples is difficult,
but typically, the issues are:
1. Issues which existed in previous releases.
2. Issues which are inconsistencies in license and notice files in third-party code which
are declared as compatible.
3. Issues which are non clear-cut and might require discussion on @legal.
4. Issues where real liability is next to impossible.

What I understand from this thread is that we are expected to make judgement calls on these
issues, and when appropriate they can be treated as bugs like any other bug and be fixed as
appropriate following a release.

Harbs

On Apr 8, 2016, at 7:43 AM, Henri Yandell <bayard@apache.org> wrote:

> Could you point to some examples from previous releases? Might help to understand the
context here as to what are being proposed as "non-critical".