www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Bundling and LICENSE
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2016 07:09:14 GMT
Hi,

Flex wants to bundle Google Closure Library [1].  It comes with a LICENSE
file with ALv2 in it, but no NOTICE file.  But a keen eyed examiner found
that Google Closure Library bundles files that aren't ALv2 (BSD, Public
Domain) and some ALv2 that has NOTICES so if GCL was an ASF project, it
would have a NOTICE with those upstream NOTICEs propagated into it, and a
LICENSE mentioning the BSD and PD files.

We've been told in the past that if a bundle doesn't have a NOTICE, we
shouldn't generate one for it, so I'm unclear whether we should just not
bundle GCL at all, or ask them to fix their L&N, or whether we should just
fix up our L&N as if GCL did have the correct L&N.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
-Alex

[1] https://github.com/google/closure-library