www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bundling and LICENSE
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 12:07:58 GMT
I’d like to chime in on this as well.

The pattern that has been occurring in our project that L & N issues are not occasional
issues. They are probably the most common issues which come up in the release process. In
fact, these issues seem to ONLY come up during the release process, and it has been the single-most
common cause for delaying releases. I’m not sure why this is the case, but this seems to
be the pattern. If we can decide that all “non-critical” L & N issues can be considered
bugs to be fixed after release, that will make a huge difference in the pain involved in releasing.
Currently, the undertone is that L & N problems are almost always blockers, and PMC members
should not vote for a release if any known ones exist.

Harbs